Attn: Gail Menk

Hi all,

Visited Springhill Road STF in Tallahassee this afternoon. No Phalaropes or
Cliff Swallows, rats, but there was an exciting moment. There was a large
flock of GREAT and SNOWY EGRETS, many of which were in the grass between the
"close ponds" and "Swan Lake". Suddenly they, along with all the peeps &
ducks in the ponds, exploded into flight. Looking up I spotted an adult BALD
EAGLE swooping back and forth across the spray field apparently taking great
pleasure in terrorizing a few SNEGs. (Convienent for me as well, since now I
didn't have to kick SNEGs outta the way on the way to Swan Lake ;-) ).

Birds seen...

Double-crested Cormorant
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
LITTLE BLUE HERON (juvenile)
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler
Lesser Scaup
BALD EAGLE
Red-tailed Hawk
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Spotted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Odd, large 'piper (at a distance) - Dunlin?
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow
European Starling
BOAT-TAILED GRACKLE

For the Leon County Fall Warbler Parade: yesterday (21 Sep) at J. Lee Vause
(Old Bainbridge Road) Park on Lake Jackson, one female PARULA seen, one
singing PARULA heard, one calling HOODED WARBLER heard. A few more
"warbleroids" used sun glare and tree limbs to evade identification...

-S.P.McCool
Crawfordville, Wakulla County, Florida