Turkey Creek started out with a BANG this morning.  The first field just
inside the entrance was dancing with birds.  Within a half hour in that one
location we saw 10 warbler species.  The flock drifted away and we resumed
our regular route, meeting Herman Bechtel on the jogging trail.  Although we
visited all the best locations at the optimum times we never were able to
connect with a good flock the rest of the morning.  The bird of the day was
Red-Eyed Vireo - they were everywhere!

11 Warbler species:

7 Yellow-Throated
6 Black & White
5 Ovenbird
5 Chestnut-Sided
4 Prairie
3 Amer. Redstart
3 N. Parula
2 Magnolia (1st of the season)
1 Common Yellowthroat
1 Worm-Eating
1 Blackburnian

Also:

25+ Red-Eyed Vireo
 3  Yellow-Throated Vireo
 2  White-Eyed Vireo
 2  Summer Tanager (female)
 1  Empidonax Flycatcher
14  BGG
 2  Barred Owls calling by the creek

The big flock with 11 warbler species in our yard yesterday disappeared
overnight.  All that remained today was:

1 Black-Throated Blue male (still in the Carambola tree)
1 Black & White
1 Worm-Eating
1 N. Parula
1 Yellow-Throated Warbler
1 Summer Tanager female
1 Painted Bunting female splashing in the birdbath
2 Hummingbirds

Shirley & Bill Hills
Melbourne Village