Yesterday I birded Grove Park Rd. again in the Southwood development (SE Tallahassee).  Not much but I did see 2 male AMERICAN REDSTARTS, a female SCARLET TANAGER, 5 Pied-billed Grebes and an unidentified thrush butt.

Today, my backyard had the most bird activtiy I have ever seen.  Unfortunately, I didn't really get a chance to "bird" in the backyard because of chores.  I did however add 2 lifers.

The bird of the day was AMERICAN REDSTART. I had well over 15 sightings, but put me down for 5 individuals (2 male, 3 female or young).  I saw one every time I stopped and looked up.
CANADA WARBLER (male, lifer!)
MAGNOLIA WARBLER (female, lifer!)
NORTHERN PARULA (1 female)
BLACK & WHITE WARBLER (1 male, 1 female, 1 unknown)
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER (1)
ACADIAN FLYCATCHER (3+)
SUMMER TANAGER (male, female)
RED-EYED VIREO

Too bad I could actually give the birds more attention, but duty calls.

Rob Lengacher
Tallahassee, FL