This afternoon I was noticed the resident immature Cooper's Hawk was again perched just above one of our feeders in a pine tree. There were no small birds around, but I could not see the ground below the feeder. I watched her for about 5 minutes and suddenly she took off from her perch, chasing 5 Mottled Ducks that had been feeding right below her perch. The ducks were scurrying toward the canal at the end of our lot. I lost sight of all of them after they got past the house next door, but I don't think the hawk  was successful in her pursuit of the ducks. I wonder if she could have taken a duck. It was an exciting 5 seconds of action.

Dotty Hull
Port St. Lucie, FL