A biosci professor here at Univ. of CA-Irvine is requesting help to develop
a training program for biosci tutors.  If you have have developed such a
training or know of any resources I could consult, please contact me off
list ([log in to unmask]).  I will compile results and post to the list if
appropriate.

Here are the details:
Tutors are not paid but get credit (graded, NOT pass/no pass).
They tutor 2 hours per week (drop-in sessions with 1-10 students attending)
        and conduct review sessions before each exam.
The tutors have a 50 minute meeting per week (for 10 weeks)-this is where
the training would take place.
Each tutor is associated with a specific biosci course (some are tutors for
upper division and some for lower division).
Each quarter some tutors are returners and some are brand new.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
_______________________________

Lydia Stawasz Soleil, Ph.D.
Associate Director