-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Stansbury, Sydney
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 4:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Announcing a new section in the SI Update!

Dear SI Colleagues,

The next issue of the SI Newsletter will feature a new section entitled SI
Research from Around the World.  We invite all SI Supervisors to submit an
abstract that describes SI research that has been conducted on their
campuses over the past year.

The abstract (350 word maximum) should include the following:  A statement
of the problem or research question; the methodology used to investigate it;
results of the investigation; and conclusions. However, these are only
guidelines.  Effective research is conducted in many different ways. We
welcome all entries so please feel free to be creative.  In addition, those
of you who are presenting SI research at conferences during the 2002
academic year should definitely consider submitting a summary of your
presentation(s) for the SI newsletter!

If you don't have a submission for SI Research from Around the World, please
submit an abstract (350 word maximum) for the section entitled Best
Practices for SI Sessions.  This section features descriptions of effective
SI strategies that SI leaders and students have found to be successful
during SI sessions.

The deadline for submissions to either section is Friday, October 18.
Looking forward to your entries!

Sydney

Sydney Stansbury, Ph.D.
Director of S.I. Research and Training