San Jacinto, CA 92583

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Knight, Sue R
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 8:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutor Training Payment

Do you pay your students to attend tutor training? If you do pay them is
it the regular hourly rate that you would pay for tutoring time?

We have always paid our students but our budget is so tight we are
considering paying a stipend for completing the training (which would be
less than the price of hourly rate) or not paying for the training but
moving tutors to a higher pay rate when training is complete.

We are trying to balance what is fair and ethical with what we can
afford and would welcome your comments and suggestions.  Thanks!!

Sue Knight
Learning Assistance
Alfred State College
Alfred, NY 14802