From: Mark Branson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 9:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: placement tests

We had been looking at COMPASS--in fact had piloted it--but it was
becoming
a technical nightmare for us.  We pulled the plug (literally on COMPASS)
and
have begun our investigation of ACCUPLACER.  WE find it works well and
are
very pleased with the sturcture of the test items and the fact that it,
like
COMPASS, is untimed.

Dr. Mark K. Branson
Division Chair