This is straight off my tutor positions and rates statement that I send
to HR.

Math Tutor I ($7.50)
Completion of upper-division math classes.  A grade of B+ or higher
required in course work beyond College Algebra (one of the following:
Calculus I, Business Statistical Applications, Math for Elementary
Teachers II, Principles of Statistics, or Physic for Sci/Engr II.) A
grade of B may be acceptable if other course work demonstrates
proficiency in math.  Advanced placement test scores in Calculus AB/BC
may be acceptable.  Tutor must complete and pass with 80% or higher an
algebra test administered by the math lab manager.  Tutors must
demonstrate initiative, dependability, and constructive use of time.
Tutor must be able to effectively tutor students in a drop-in setting.
Excellent interpersonal skills mandatory, as tutors will have
interaction with students and/or faculty that requires discernment,
follow-through, and decision making.  Ability to serve as a positive
student role model is necessary.  Knowledge of computers preferable.
Knowledge of lab materials and equipment, tutoring skills, and lab
policies required after orientation.  Tutor must complete UVSC's CRLA
training program for Level I withing one year of employment.

Math Tutor II ($8.12)
In addition to the requirements above, tutor must complete and pass
with 80% or higher a Calculus test administered by the math lab manager.
 Tutor must have completed UVSC's CRLA training program for Levels I and
II, received acceptable evaluations, and demonstrated a thorough
knowledge of the subject area, course curriculum, lab equipment and
materials, and lab policies and procedures.  In addition to tutoring
responsibilities, tutors on this level will be assigned specific lab
responsibilities such as developing lab and training materials.

Math Tutor III ($8.56)
Limited positions based on current lab needs.  Tutors must have
completed the advanced training for CRLA Level III.  In addition to the
previous requirements, the tutors must have the ability to assist in
training other tutors, and have senior or graduate level standing at an
accredited college or university.  Tutors may be assigned additional
responsibilities which may include acting as a functional shift
supervisor, conducting training meetings, and assisting in screening
potential tutors.

Supervisory Math Tutor I ($8.56)
Requirements equivalent to Math Tutor II.  In addition to tutoring
responsibilities, tutors in this position will be responsible for other
employees working on the evening and Saturday shifts. Limited positions
based on current lab needs.

Supervisory Math Tutor II ($9.04)
Requirements equivalent to Math Tutor III.  In addition to the previous
supervisory requirements, the tutors will be assigned to work on special
technical assignments and lab management related projects.  Limited
positions based on current lab needs.

In my 2  years here I have just this semester moved a tutor to
Supervisory I level, and I have never used the supervisory II position.

Hope this is useful.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Coordinator, Math Tutorial Services
Utah Valley State College