This is straight off my tutor positions and rates statement that I send to HR.

Math Tutor I ($7.50)
Completion of upper-division math classes.  A grade of B+ or higher required in course work beyond College Algebra (one of the following:  Calculus I, Business Statistical Applications, Math for Elementary Teachers II, Principles of Statistics, or Physic for Sci/Engr II.) A grade of B may be acceptable if other course work demonstrates proficiency in math.  Advanced placement test scores in Calculus AB/BC may be acceptable.  Tutor must complete and pass with 80% or higher an algebra test administered by the math lab manager.  Tutors must demonstrate initiative, dependability, and constructive use of time.  Tutor must be able to effectively tutor students in a drop-in setting.  Excellent interpersonal skills mandatory, as tutors will have interaction with students and/or faculty that requires discernment, follow-through, and decision making.  Ability to serve as a positive student role model is necessary.  Knowledge of computers preferable.  Knowledge of lab materials and equipment, tutoring skills, and lab policies required after orientation.  Tutor must complete UVSC's CRLA training program for Level I withing one year of employment.

Math Tutor II ($8.12)
In addition to the requirements above, tutor must complete and pass with 80% or higher a Calculus test administered by the math lab manager.  Tutor must have completed UVSC's CRLA training program for Levels I and II, received acceptable evaluations, and demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the subject area, course curriculum, lab equipment and materials, and lab policies and procedures.  In addition to tutoring responsibilities, tutors on this level will be assigned specific lab responsibilities such as developing lab and training materials.

Math Tutor III ($8.56)
Limited positions based on current lab needs.  Tutors must have completed the advanced training for CRLA Level III.  In addition to the previous requirements, the tutors must have the ability to assist in training other tutors, and have senior or graduate level standing at an accredited college or university.  Tutors may be assigned additional responsibilities which may include acting as a functional shift supervisor, conducting training meetings, and assisting in screening potential tutors.
Supervisory Math Tutor I ($8.56)
Requirements equivalent to Math Tutor II.  In addition to tutoring responsibilities, tutors in this position will be responsible for other employees working on the evening and Saturday shifts. Limited positions based on current lab needs.

Supervisory Math Tutor II ($9.04)
Requirements equivalent to Math Tutor III.  In addition to the previous supervisory requirements, the tutors will be assigned to work on special technical assignments and lab management related projects.  Limited positions based on current lab needs.

In my 2 years here I have just this semester moved a tutor to Supervisory I level, and I have never used the supervisory II position.

Hope this is useful.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Coordinator, Math Tutorial Services
Utah Valley State College