Dear Shana, I notice this is the second time you have posted this request for
information, so I conclude that maybe you are not getting as much data as you
want. I am interested in evaluation and assessment, but i am just getting
into the field of developmental educationand, and I do not have good
connections with the local learning centers. I teach basic writing part-time
for a junior college on the campus of the local four-year research institute,
and am about half way through an on-line course MA in Dev Ed from
National-Louis University.

Given those restrictions, I wonder how I could help you, and I have this
idea. You make a (kind of) questionnaire. You list the assessments you have
located so far along with some kind of Likert scale rating system as for
example:

Assessment  Don’t use, not satisfactory to very satisfactory
instrument X

That way I (and maybe others) could appraoch the learning centers on the
campus of the local universities and quickly interview the director by means
of your questionnaire check-list. If the respondent says they don’t like
instrument X, then I could ask why. If they say they like instrument X, I
could also ask why, and either way I could send you the data. You could also
include a question about any instruments they use not on your list. That way
you would have documented proof of the instrument in use plus evidence of
what users thought were the strengths and weaknesses plus any additional
instruments. And I who have no real connection with any LC or knowledge of
the current assessments instruments could still gather the data that would
help you move your dissertation along.

What do you think?

Dale Griffee

To Unsubscribe,