We are faced with a dilemma-- too much demand for what we can afford to respond to--- in our Content Tutoring Center (subject-area primarily peer tutoring).  Our CTC has been very successful in serving students, so much so that the word-of-mouth, self- and faculty referrals are more than we can handle financially.  We are seeking a mechanism/tool for determining the root cause of the request for tutoring:  Is it  low self-confidence, inadequate background in related field (e.g., math), poor study skills, special needs, or actual subject-specific issues?
I suppose I am asking for the moon.... but is anyone out there using some sort of screening mechanism, relatively quick and easy, to determine just what level of support each tutee 'applicant' really needs???  We are already interviewing in order to provide a good match of tutor to tutee, conducted by a paraprofessional; that' hasn't proven to suffice.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions, on or off-line.

Nancy Hazzard
Director; Center for Academic Achievement
Onondaga Community College
Syracuse, NY  13215
(315) 498-2426 or 2507

To Unsubscribe,