LouAnn,
Yes, we have that issue here at our little school.  Very frustrating.  I try to tell them to be very particular of their hours...Too much paperwork for us to continuously reschedule.  I also get students who request a tutor and then never check the message board, miss their first two appointments, and I have to drop them.  Then they come back and say they never had their requests filled.  Even more frustrating because I have to  provide services for them.  Once again, more paperwork for the Tutor Coordinator.

So, hmm, I do not have any resolutions for you at this time.  Perhaps a little empathy.  Let's see what others have to say.

Have a great day!