From: Fresko Marc [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: September 3, 2002 10:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Structured vs. Unstructured Information

> Electronic record keeping and
> mainframe applications are a good example of structured
> information, with
> hard drives/network drives, shared group directories, e-mail
> messages and
> removable media being a good example of unstructured
> information.  T

John,

We generally view e-mails, images, textual documents and so on being
unstructured information, regardless of whether or not they are stored in an
electronic records management system, and regardless of the storage media
(e.g. removable or fixed)....   Is this a transatlantic difference?

Marc Fresko
EDM & ERM Consulting Services Director
Cornwell Management Consultants plc
Home Barn Court, The Street
Effingham, Surrey
KT24 5LG
United Kingdom

Tel. +44 1372 456086
Fax. +44 1372 450950
www.cornwell.co.uk

This e-mail is intentionally sent in a plain text format, for maximum
compatibility with recipients' systems and minimum virus infection risk.

As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information if you are
not (or suspect that you are not) the correct recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to one or more named addressees,
please telephone us immediately.  Please note that we cannot guarantee that
this message or any attachment is virus free nor that it has not been
intercepted or amended.  The views of the author may not necessarily reflect
those of the company.