Just an FYI, I reviewed this survey when it came out at the International
Conference bookstore and it listed by job title and not geographical area.
That's good news for people in smaller areas/markets.  The salary
information was terrible for anyone from the San Francisco Bay area.  My
suggestion is talk to other RIM professionals in your area.  You will get a
much more accurate bench mark.  If ARMA does redo the survey, it needs to
by done by geographical region/country.  Just my 2 cents.

Michael "packing my umbrella and hip waders" Goode

Michael W. Goode
Manager, Records & Legal Operations
Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman
408-720-8300

***The information herein is confidential and may be privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, or use of the contents
of this email is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify me immediately and destroy the email you have received.***

                    "Gervais, John"
                    <John.Gervais@CCRA-A        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    DRC.GC.CA>                  cc:
                    Sent by: Records            Subject:     ARMA 1998 Salary and Compensation Survey
                    Management Program
                    .EDU>

                    09/26/02 10:27 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Records Management
                    Program

http://www.arma.org/Bookstore/product_detail.cfm?itemID=1009
I actually found the ARMA International book entitled:  ARMA 1998 Salary
and
Compensation Survey.  It is $20 for members and $50 for non-members. I
can't
recall if there was Canadian salary references in this book as I haven't
looked at it in a few years or even know if it is still relevant.

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Business Development and Strategic Planning Division,
Information Management Directorate,
Finance and Administration Branch,
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency,
16th Floor, Albion Tower, 25 Nicolas Street,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5

        '       (613) 957-6621
        "       http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca