I doubt that you could validly claim that ANY of the versions you refer to
are "original".  The original (there can only ever have been one) existed
some time ago on the workstation of some cartographer or other map-maker.
All you have, in electronic form, is copies.  The "trick" is to prove that
the copies you are interested in are authentic copies.  I would be much more
concerned at the controls (e.g. audit trails in particular) on your "old"
system, your "new" system, and the conversion process.

Marc Fresko
EDM & ERM Consulting Services Director
Cornwell Management Consultants plc
Home Barn Court, The Street
Effingham, Surrey
KT24 5LG
United Kingdom

Tel. +44 1372 456086
Fax. +44 1372 450950
www.cornwell.co.uk

This e-mail is intentionally sent in a plain text format, for maximum
compatibility with recipients' systems and minimum virus infection risk.

As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information if you are
not (or suspect that you are not) the correct recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to one or more named addressees,
please telephone us immediately.  Please note that we cannot guarantee that
this message or any attachment is virus free nor that it has not been
intercepted or amended.  The views of the author may not necessarily reflect
those of the company.

moving data from one system to another