Hello,

Here's a short bit of advise from one who is now facing a major problem related to this very issue.

First ol all---make sure you have papers indicating a clear transfer of responsibility, rights, privledges, limitations and any "conditions" from whoever currently owns the negatives to your organization.

Second---make sure the negitives are in, and stay in, original order.

Third---keep the number of people handling those negatives to an absolute bare minimum, at least until they have been settled in a final destination.

Richard Lytle
ER Librarian
HPL Hammond IN

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/20/02 08:41AM >>>
Hi everyone,

Can anyone out there provide me with some info on the best method for storage of photograph negatives?  We've just acquired a significant number of negatives and this is the first time we've ever received such items.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hugh J. Francisci
Records  Administrator