Good Afternoon:
I am the Operations Manager in a law firm in the Northwest and am new to posting on the Records ListServe but have been a viewer for several years.  Since I have found the information gained from this service to be invaluable I thought I would ask for some specific advice.
When two law firms merge, with one of them dissolving their partnership, how do you deal with records that will not be brought over to the "active" list and have a conflict check, and re-assignment of numbers done?  Do they get destroyed or do you have some records disposition language in the merger contract?  I have inherited about 1,200 boxes and would like to know your recommendations as to handle them?  Thank you for your responses.

Denise Foster
Operations Manager
Paine, Hamblen, Coffin, Brooke & Miller LLP
717 W Sprague Ave Suite 1200
Spokane WA  99201
509-455-6000