Lorne,
Your results strike me as essentially the same as those reported by Liz
Bott.  Your density+overlap seems to be her "tight knit" and your
disclosure might be understood as the effect of social control that
apparently characterizes "tight knit" networks.
Lin

> Lorne Tepperman wrote:
>
> > In recent research on HIV/AIDS diagnoses,
> > sociologist Liviana Calzavara (U of Toronto,
> > Medicine) and I found that the density and
> > overlap of their networks predicted quick
> > disclosure by the infected person to his current
> > sex partner. Despite a literature search, we
> > found little about social networks in the
> > literature on disclosure. The literature we did
> > find was all psychological. Can anyone suggest
> > network references on disclosure, secrecy,
> > confiding, or confidantes? Thanks in
> > advance.  ------------------------------------------
> >
> > Lorne Tepperman
> > Professor and Chair
> > Department of Sociology
> > University of Toronto
> > Phone 416-978-3411
> > FAX    416-978-3963

Linton C. Freeman                         Phone: Office: 949 824-6698
Department of Sociology                   Sec.:          949 824-6336
School of Social Sciences  SSPA 2143      Home:          949 494-6139
University of California                  FAX:           949 824-3733
Irvine, CA 92697-5100                     E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://moreno.ss.uci.edu/lin.html