Yup, our NetLab has, altho with small sample, and only among scholars. See
"Netting Scholars" on our website, and in a recent issue of the American
Behavioral Scientist. (Koku, Nazer and Wellman). We found
counterinuitively, that those working close to each other emailed more. Of
course, once we say that it ain't counterintuitive. Email is embedded in
scholar's lives, and proximate people tend to have a lot to do with each
other.

 Barry