> page number. And is it linear? And reliable and valid?
> Barry

> 1.  Social capital defined how?  It is one of the most variegated
> concepts in the field.
> 2.  10% reduction as compared with whom? That is, is it among a sample
> of subjects all of whom work outside the home, or not?
> 3.  Citation?
> sam

Good questions.  Sorry I don't have the answers.  I got the factoid from
Putnam's Web site, www.bowlingalone.com.  I read his papers years ago and
don't recall the details of this finding.  The Web site contains much of the
data he used.

I offered the factoid simply to point out that living close together might
not mean much if people spend little time at home.

Doug Bryan