Dear all:

I just learned that Norm Hummon, from Pittsburgh, passed away last
month, after a
battle with cancer.

Here's a blurb from a University of Pittsburgh publication:

Norman P. Hummon

A memorial service will be held for Norman P. Hummon, professor of
sociology, on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at 10 a.m. in Heinz Chapel. A reception
will be held immediately after the service in 2M/2P56 Posvar Hall.

Hummon died Aug. 17, 2002.

The family has requested that memorial contributions be made to Western
Pennsylvania Conservancy, 209 Fourth Street, Pittsburgh, 15222.

Norm was a great guy.  I am sure he will be missed.

Stan Wasserman