I'm on a research project that is attempting to look at (among other things)
how connection to social networks relates to workplace roles. How do the
networks of a marketer or evangelist, for example, relate to the networks of
a member of a small work team?

I'm sure things have been done to measure this before. We have our
quantitative tools in place; however, we'd like to verify that against the
network members' beliefs.  Is there a standard questionaire on such things?

Our current draft (still very early) is attached below. We'd rather not
retread covered ground, though; any advice on which studies have analyzed
this before?

Thanks,
Danyel

---

[ Note that the phrasing below is rather rough; we're looking right now to
get a general outline of how we *might* ask the questions...]

How interactive is your own job and workplace?
    I'm an evangelist or promoter-everything I do involves contact with
other people (90% - 100% of work is interaction)
    I work with others often, but support my work with individual projects.
(70-90% is interactive)
    I meet routinely with others, working mostly together (50-70%)
    I meet occasionally with others, but work mostly alone (30%-50%)
    I work with a set of personal tools; I coordinate with others, but
largely work alone. (10%-30% is interactive)
    I'm a hermit; I hardly ever contact anyone else (0-10% is interactive)

How varied is the group of people you meet with?
    I professionally meet many different people, and work with widely
varying teams
    I work largely with other teams and outside groups; however, I often
come back to a central core of teammates
    I work largely within a smaller team of people; however, some of my work
involves meeting with a vareity of outside members
    I stick consistently to the same small group.
----