I will be attending a conference in Orlando next week.  Since I don't get
to that part of FL often, I hope to include some birding and am looking for
recommendations.  I have a few targets:  Burrowing Owl, Snail Kite,
Short-tailed Hawk, Barn Owl, Caracara, either of the tree ducks.  Would
Okeechobee be worth the trip this time of year?  I intend to take a side
trip to Merritt Island during the week, but am going to take a couple of
days before the conference to get to Orlando and maybe further south.

Thanks, and have fun,

Tom Curtis