After John Murphy,s message yesterday I headed for Bald Point and as I neared
the gate at 2:00 PM a Sandhill Crane crossed in front of me from SE (ocean)
and flew NW just above the pines( Gray with large wide wings with
dark primaries
and a long extended neck ). I soon found Dave Harder who introduced
me to many new great butterflies. Later I found 2 Field Sparrows
(pink conical bill, light eyering and clear underparts) in a small
flock of Pine,
Palm and Chestnut-sided Warblers plus Redstarts, Scarlet Tanagers and a blue
Grosbeak. No Vermillion Flycatcher.   Jim Cavanagh.
,
--
Jim Cavanagh
75 Bellac Rd.