Hello Florida Birders,
I may have mis identified the Rail I saw at West Eau Gallie Blvd I thought I
would throw it out there to see if any of you could help.  The Rail I saw was
in fresh water marsh terrain, it had extensive rufous But...it had a lot of
white in the tail.  Do King Rails sometimes have quite a bit of white in the
tail and I was in error.  Or is this possibly a hybrid KingXClapper which
Sibley says sometimes looks like a Gulf Coast Clapper.  What was interesting
about this bird is that it was an exact likeness to a western Clapper Rail
having rufous also in the face and also on the throat.
Any thoughts or help on this ID?  Any help would be appreciated.

  --
Herman Bechtel
2859 Fountainhead Blvd