This morning I heard, but did not see, a small flock of House Finches
flying over my yard here in Jax.  This is a first for the 'hood.  While
they are reported to nest in some parts of the city (apparently mostly in
the San Marco area), it is possible that the birds heard this morning may
have been migrants.  Large numbers of House Finches are reported to be on
the move in central Texas, and a friend from Thomasville, GA reports
apparent migrants flying over there last week.  Perhaps we are in for an
irruption year?  This would, as I recall, be the first since the big
invasion during the fall/winter of 1988-89.
Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL, US
Mosaics by Noel & Terry - http://home.attbi.com/~terrywest/