  Last evening(10/11/2002) I was at the Miami Museum of Science and
Planetarium for a presentation of Bird Brain(the dance program about
Osprey migration). At 6:30PM I thought that I briefly heard the song
of a spot-breasted oriole. After a couple of minutes of searching I found
one adult and one juvenile bird in the mahogany trees right next to the
main entrance. Later, when I spoke to Brian Mealey who is the director of
the Falcon Batchelor Bird of Prey Center there he informed me that a
family has been in the area for several months(they stay together after
their nesting). I suggest that you check them out. I also saw an adult
near the Whitten Student Center traffic circle on the University of Miami
campus last week.
  This morning I awoke to the distinctive squaks(sp?) of several blue and
gold macaws in my neighborhood. I had heard them yesterday also. There are
worse ways to start the day. I live in High Pines(SW55th Ave and SW78th
St) about two miles south of the UM campus.
  Bob Kelley
  Miami, FL