Lots of migrants at Bald Pt. this morning including (4) Yellow-rumped
(Myrtle) Warblers, my 1st this season.  Migrant Pine Warblers were mixed in
with the Magnolias, Bay-breasted, and Chestnut-sided Warblers.  As the
morning progressed new birds kept showing up.  Palm Warblers were
everywhere.  I quess-timated at least 100 birds within the gates at Bald
Pt. (half mile).  Lots of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Indigos, and tanagers,
mostly Scarlets, some Summers, but no sighting of yesterday's
Western.  Catbirds are everywhere!  At least two Ruby-throats are still
coming to my feeders, no adult males this week.  I did see an adult male
Northern Harrier, which I always appreciate.

I expected a good flight of accipiters and falcons which did not
materialize before I left around 2:00 PM.  Interestingly, I have seen
relatively few buteos on fall flights (or spring ones for that matter).  On
my best hawk day a couple of falls ago when I saw over 1000 hawks, buteos
numbered less than ten individuals.  I just read on the Alabama list that
they had a good hawk day at Fort Morgan, so maybe ours are
coming.  Falconer's are trapping birds now inside the park, so don't be
surprised to see some exotics roaming about (lost bait birds).

Jack Dozier
Alligator Pt., FL