October 10-16, 2002

Moderate departures were detected on the first five nights of this
week.  On the 15th much of the area was covered with rain, and the only
departing migrants seemed to a few from the Lower Keys.  Last night (16th),
after the passage of the cold front, there was a heavy flight.  The flight
from the Lower Keys is especially impressive as it can still be detected
when the birds are about half way across the Straits.  I believe that this
is the first night of the season that I have observed this, so it almost
certainly had to be among the heaviest flights so far.
http://www.badbirdz.com/fall2002index.htm
Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL, US