Greetings:

No Bananaquit to report anywhere in Ft. Myers or Lee County today, but we
(the two Vinces i.e McGrath & Lucas and Walt Winton) did have a good
showing of fall migrants including the following 15 species of warblers,
most of them seen at Lakes Park (LP) and a few at Six Mile Cypress Slough
Preserve (SMCSP):

Quantities are my best guesstimate. . . .

Tennessee Warbler >6 (LP)
Northern Parula >2 (LP)
Chestnut-sided Warbler >2 (LP)
Magnolia Warbler -- 1 (LP)
Black-throated Blue Warbler >2 (LP)
Black-throated Green Warbler -- 1 (LP)
Blackburnian Warbler -- 1 (LP)
Yellow-throated Warbler -- 1 (LP)
Pine Warbler >25 (LP)
Palm Warbler >15 (LP)
Black-and-white Warbler >4 (LP) & 1 -- (SMCSP)
American Redstart >8 (LP)
Ovenbird >2 (LP)
probable Northern Waterthrush (heard only) at SMCSP
Common Yellowthroat >2 (LP) & 1 -- (SMCSP)
Noticeably absent -- Prairie Warbler

Other migrants:

Wood Thrush -- 1 (LP) seen on three occasions by V. Lucas but no one else
unfortunately!
Swainson's Thrush -- 2 (LP)
Indigo Bunting >4 (LP)
Baltimore Oriole >2 (LP)
Chimney Swift -- few (LP?)
Ruby-throated Hummingbird -- 1 (LP)
Eastern Phoebe -- 1 (LP)
Blue-headed Vireo -- 1 (LP)
Red-eyed Vireo -- 1 (LP)
House Wren -- 1 (LP)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher >30 (LP)
Gray Catbird >6 (LP)
Savannah Sparrow >6 -- in a weedy field near Challanger Blvd.

Reports from the Sanibel Lighthouse indicated that few migrants,
including raptors, were moving through the barrier islands.

Good birding!

Vincent Lucas
Naples, FL