Markham Park this morning was a little better than I'd expected,
only eight species of warblers but one of them was a very nicely
marked Tennessee.  A short walk west along the levee produced
my FOTS Savannah Sparrows along with close looks at three Snail
Kites hunting in the southeast corner of the water conservation
area and another one patrolling in the distance.  Yesterday (10/26)
at Birch State Park the usual Saturday morning birding group was
able to roust up about twelve species of warblers including
Blackpoll and Bay-breasted along with my FOTS Sharp-shinned
Hawk, but was unable to locate the Yellow-breasted Chat that had
been seen there during the week.        Here are some of the more
interesting sightings since my last posting: Black-throated Green
Warbler (FOTS) and Blackburnian Warbler at Evergreen Cemetery
on 10/17. Bay-breasted Warbler (FOTS) at Birch State Park on
10/19. House Wren (FOTS) and Eastern Phoebe (FOTS) along with
both Painted and Indigo Buntings and two Snail Kites at Markham
Park on 10/20.  While the Snail Kites can still be seen from the
levee at Markham Park their numbers have dropped considerably
from from the fifteen or twenty that were around several weeks ago.

Bryant Roberts
Davie, Fl