Hi all,
Yesterday I took a ride to the YMCA in the Trinity area in W.Pasco to
look for Sedge Wrens. It had been reported that they were popping up out
of the grass there, but all I saw popping up were Leopard Frogs. Did see
several House Wrens, some singing. Also 1 Song Sparrow, 2 Swamp Sparrows,
Meadowlark, and many Yellowthroats and Palm Warblers.
Today I checked out Green Key, which was very quiet. As I was driving
back down the causeway (Green Key Rd.) I stopped at a clearing
overlooking the Juncus marsh and tried to squeak up a wren there. No
wrens, but a LBJ came to investigate, and when it surfaced about 5 feet
away I had a Seaside Sparrow. Pleasant surprise! It kept hopping around
investigating my squeak, giving me great views of it for several minutes,
until it apparently got bored and disappeared into the grass.
Lastly I drove down Strauber Mem Dr and found 2 Roseate Spoonbills
amongst a mixed flock of waders on the sand flats.

Good birding,
Ray Smart
New Port Richey, FL