This a.m. (Oct. 28th) I found an adult male Vermilion Flycatcher at the same
spot he has been seen in past years.  This spot is 13.8 miles north on the
Gov't Road from exit 49 of I-75.  Exit 49 is where the Miccosukee Service
Plaza is located.  At 13.8 miles, you will find a gated field on the
westerly side of the road with a sign stating "Field #1-A, MJR j, No
Trespassing".  The flycatcher was seen in  the live oaks, on the barbed wire
fences, and on the utility wires as he busily fed.
An Eastern  Phoebe and adult Scissor-tailed Flycatcher also were present
with the Vermilion, but no Kingbirds were observed.

David Thurston
Naples