Hello,

A quick trip out to Green key this evening yielded 3 Merlins! They were
on a dead tree along Green Key Road , on the north side about 200 yards
before the entrance gate. I have been seeing at least one Merlin in this
same tree every evening. The 3  birds this evening took turns knocking
each other off the tree.

I then saw 4 small groups of Bobolinks (44 total) fly out to the end of
the mangroves next to the small beach there. My guess is they may roost
there tonight and fly out very early tomorrow morning.

Other birds included large groups of Yellow-rumped Warblers, Several
Palm, Common Yellowthroat, Black-and-white Warbler and 2 Northern
waterthrush.

Ken Tracey     [log in to unmask]
New Port Richey, FL
West Pasco Audubon Society  http://www.audubon.org/chapter/fl/westpasco