West Nile Virus - in a few words!
Doug Wassmer
Tampa, Fl

From: Florida Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Meret Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 7:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FLBIRDS] Loxahatchee NWR 10/28

I am sure my gut feeling is not well documented and does not count as
scientific but as I look at the skies and listen and hunt for birds I
know
something has changed from many previous years and things ain't
right...the
weather patterns? the habitat loss here and in So. Am.?, different
flyways?,
new diseases leaving them dead where we don't find them?  I don't know.
Noel's radar patterns show they were migrating but for the first time I
never
heard a single bird at night.  I don't even hear my neighborhood Barred
Owls
because I have taken several over to the Birds of Prey Center in Orlando
because they have been hit by cars.  Too many people, too much habitat
loss,
too many pesticides and not enough enforcement of the pitiful
regulations
that are in place.  Just my gut view.

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL