Made a quick 1,070 (Paul Sykes is currently finishing his extra nearly
800 miles tacked on to that) mile round trip from Jax to see the gull,
which was very obliging at about 0930 this morning. We arrived in front
of the colorful restrooms just after 0700 and waited around with the
laughing gulls until buddy boy (?) came begging. Not much else was
happening out there, but I am almost nearly certain that I had an adult
Swainson's Hawk near Marathon. I saw a slaty-backed gull sitting on an
ice flow up in Alaska earlier this year, and now that wonderful image has
to be shared by the one of this bird fighting for bread crumbs at our
feet with about 100 pigeons and laughing gulls. Pretty neat either way!

Roger Clark
Jacksonville, FL