The little bit of rain Turkey Creek received overnight did nothing to
improve the birding; in fact, it was harder to find the birds today.  About
mid-morning we met Courtney Carlson and later we came across Herman
Bechtel - we all finished the rest of the morning together.  In spite of the
lack of migrants we somehow managed to locate................

15 Warbler species:

15+ Pine (our usual early morning flock)
 7  Palm
 5  Black-Throated Blue
 4  Black & White
 3  Yellow-Throated
 3  Ovenbird
 3  Magnolia
 3  N. Parula
 3  Amer. Redstart
 2  Common Yellowthroat
 1  Yellow-Rumped (by Herman)
 1  Blackburnian
 1  Tennessee
 1  Prairie
 1  Hooded (male)

Also:

12 Gray Catbird
 3 Red-Eyed Vireo
 3 White-Eyed Vireo
 1 Yellow-Throated Vireo
 1 Blue-Headed Vireo (our 1st of the season)
 9 BGG
 4 House Wren
 3 Indigo Bunting (several more heard, 1 singing)
 1 Painted Bunting (female)
 1 Veery
 1 Swainson's Thrush
 1 Belted Kingfisher
 1 Hummingbird sp.

Yard Highlights: 1 Scarlet Tanager, male & female Painted Bunting

Shirley & Bill Hills
Melbourne Village