Fellow Birders:
As the weather developed today I decided SR park might be worth a try this
afternoon when work was done. It was. Though the species count is not overly
impressive there were a lot of birds around. I watched a flock of Redstarts
literally fall out of the sky. This was not a big fallout like ones I have
seen at Sabine Woods, High Island or Cape May, but it is the best one I have
seen this year. I birded between rain storms, and as best as I could
considering there were several active flocks around. I never really had a
good look at the big ficus tree-bench area because dusk and clouds were
making it hard to bird, and it was quieting down a bit. Never got to the S
end of the park. It was great fun, and wet. Perhaps tonight, some other birds
will drop in. In the morning I can bird a little more carefully in case
something unusual is about. Thirteen warbler species were observed.

Black-Throated Blue (common)
American Redstart (abundant)
Worm Eating (1)
Common Yellowthroat (5)