From: Florida Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Swamphen
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 4:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FLBIRDS] Hudsonain Godwit @ Springhill Rd STF/Tallahassee [15
Oct]

Hi all,

Easily located the HUDSONIAN GODWIT at Springhill Road STF early this
afternoon. The bird was in Pond #3, and flew (revealing dark underwing
coverts) over to "Swan Lake" while I was there.

Also had three calling LONG-BILLED DOWICHERS, at least four DUNLIN, and
hordes of TREE and BARN SWALLOWS with a few ROUGH-WINGS thrown in.

Afterwards we visited the new park off of 319 on Lake Munson; had two
WOOD
STORKS, PHOEBE, PEWEE, my FOTS RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, and at least a
half-dozen CHIMNEY SWIFTS; isn't it getting a tad late for CHSWs?

-S.P.McCool
Crawfordville, Wakulla County, Florida
"Walk softly, and carry a big scope"

---