A number of birders showed up at Turkey Creek today (Marty Newton, Ken
Allie, and Herman Bechtel; about mid-morning we met David Simpson, Frank
Auton, Courtney Carlson and Don Feuss).  Early in the morning the birding
was very slow but from about 10:30 on, a few birds began to appear but no
big quantities of anything.  Since we got all our field birds on the edge of
the woods today, we skipped walking through the open areas, concentrating
instead on woodland species. It was the right decision; several in the group
saw Life Birds - a good day!

15 Warbler species (a group list)

1 Kentucky
4 Black-Throated Green (3 males seen in the parking lot at noon)
2 Hooded (males - maybe a 3rd present)
2 Magnolia
6 Ovenbird
1 Prairie
1 Cape May
4 Amer. Redstart
1 N. Parula
4 Black & White
5 Black-Throated Blue
9 Pine
2 Common Yellowthroat
8 Palm
2 Yellow-Throated

Also:

3 Painted Bunting (female)
6 Indigo Bunting (more heard)
1 Red-Eyed Vireo
3 White-Eyed Vireo
1 Blue-Headed Vireo
2 Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (immature males)
1 Scarlet Tanager
1 Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker
1 Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
1 E. Wood Pewee