Although most of yesterday's migrants left overnight, today at Turkey Creek
was given a 4-star rating by our group (Phyllis Mansfield and Bob Sicolo).
As a finale, when were standing on the porch of the Visitor Center at noon,
the largest flock of Pine Warblers to date drifted thru the woodland - in
the flock were other migrants including a Bay-Breasted Warbler which landed
in a shrub next to the porch railing, giving us an eyeball-to-eyeball view.

13 Warbler species:

40+ Pine
 2  Bay-Breasted (our 1st of the season)
 2  Tennessee
 3  Yellow-Throated
 5  Ovenbird
 3  Amer. Redstart
 1  Palm
 1  Hooded (male)
 1  N. Parula
 3  Black & White
 4  Magnolia
 2  Common Yellowthroat
 5  Black-Throated Blue

Also:

1 Hairy Woodpecker (1st of the season at T.C., seen only once or twice a
year)
1 Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (immature male)
1 Ruby-Crowned Kinglet (our 1st of the season, near the rope gate)
2 Indigo Bunting (many heard)
2 E. Wood Pewee
2 E. Phoebe (our 1st of the season)
3 White-Eyed Vireo
2 Blue-Headed Vireo
2 House Wren
  Gray Catbird (calling everywhere)
1 Swainson's Thrush
6 BGG
1 White-Throated Sparrow - new for the Turkey Creek bird list, spotted by
Bob Sicolo.  We watched the bird for several minutes as it scratched around
in the leaf litter under Wild Coffee plants by the edge of the path on
Hackberry Lane.

Shirley & Bill Hills
Melbourne Village