Hi:

When we posted the pictures, we should have mentioned that the bird was
the size of a Blue Jay, a Common Grackle, and a female Boat-tailed
Grackle. It was first observed near a male Boat-tailed Grackle. When the
nearby male Boat-tailed Grackle flew off, this bird stayed behind. We
watched it until it flew behind some brush. There were Red-winged
Blackbirds, other Boat-tailed Grackles, Blue Jays, and we seem to recall
Common Grackles in the area (within a mile). It was located just past
the curve after the 1st boat ramp on the right as you get into the NWR.
The tropical/couch's kingbird was reported just before the ramp on the
left (same) side of the road.

We have since been informed that a partially albino Boat-tailed Grackle
has been seen off & on in that area for the past five years.  We also
have been told that this is a female Boat-tailed Grackle (our guess)
that has been watched for the past two years.  Perhaps this is the
offspring of the bird that has been observed for 5 years!  Other birders
have called this a Common Grackle, a Blue Jay, a Red-winged Blackbird,
and a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher.

We'd like to see a high resolution picture of this bird taken with a
long lens and 35mm film. Perhaps those who go to photograph the nearby
tropical/couch's kingbird can also photograph this bird.

We thank all who responded.

Doug Wassmer & Lilian Saul
Tampa, FL