Hi all,
I decided to go to Ft DeSoto this morning to look for the Bananaquit, but
no luck. When I got home I checked my bird mail and saw to my dismay that
the bird had been seen at the one area I hadn't bothered to check out!
AARGH! All I can say I hope it decides to stick around until next
weekend. Apparently the bird has found a food source. Oh well! At least
there were a good number of waders and shorebirds at North Beach and some
migrants at East Beach Woods. Birds seen:

D.C.Cormorant                       Dunlin
Brown Pelican                         Least Sandpiper
Cooper's Hawk                       Western Sandpiper
Osprey                                    Willet
Caspian Tern                           Sanderling
Forster's Tern                          S.B. Dowitcher
Sandwich Tern                         Ruddy Turnstone
Laughing Gull                           Marbled Godwit
Black Skimmer                         Piping Plover
Reddish Egret                           Wilson's Plover
Snowy Egret                             Semipalmated Plover
Great Egret                               Black-bellied Plover
Cattle Egret                               Eastern Phoebe
White Ibis                                Gray Catbird
Wood Stork                             Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Green Heron                             Black&White Warbler
Great Blue Heron                      Palm Warbler (lots)
Tri-colored Heron                      Pine Warbler
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron      Parula Warbler
In one of the ponds on the causeway saw my first Coot of the season.

Good birding,
Ray Smart
New Port Richey, FL