Several birders met at Turkey Creek this morning, a few to look for the
Black-Headed Grosbeak, others to do our regular morning walk. Finishing the
fields, we reached the edge of the woods about 10AM just as the Black-Headed
Grosbeak appeared for the first time of the morning.  None of the group
(Andy Bankert & his father Steve, Phyllis Mansfield, Bob Sicolo, Ken
LaBorde, Ken Allie, Don Feuss and the two of us) was able to detect any
streaking on the bird but we all agreed it was a great-looking Grosbeak, a
very distinctly marked bird.  The fields were active this morning as well as
the Hackberries, but all other areas were totally silent and birdless -
migration is winding down.

11 Warbler species:

3 N. Parula
2 Amer. Redstart
3 Common Yellowthroat
3 Ovenbird
1 Blackpoll
1 Orange-Crowned (1st of the season)
1 Black & White
5 Black-Throated Blue
6 Palm
6 Yellow-Throated (3 together being chased by a Hummingbird)
8 Pine

Also:

1 Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker
1 Blue-Headed Vireo
5 White-Eyed Vireo
  Gray Catbird (many)
3 House Wren
1 E. Phoebe
1 Flicker (seldom seen at Turkey Creek)
1 Swainson's Thrush
2 Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (immature males)
1 Black-Headed Grosbeak
3 Hummingbird sp
8 BGG
1 Cooper's Hawk