Not a single bird, neither migrant nor resident, was seen in a walk around
the boardwalk today at Turkey Creek.  There was a small flock in the
pinewoods but the most active area was the fields.  Even the favored
Hackberry area was quiet today. As we approached the Hackberries at 9:20AM
the Black-Headed Grosbeak (which had been foraging in the middle of the
weedy field) flew to a low perch on a dried stalk for a 3-second look before
flying off to the safety of the woods.  We made no effort to look for it
again since it was so skittish.

8 Warbler species:

20 Pine
 1 Black & White