Once again, Grove Park Dr. in the Southwood development is proving to be one of the better warbler spots in Leon County this fall.  This afternoon I saw numerous AMERICAN REDSTART (15+, only 1 brilliant male, though), 2 YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS (this spot seems to be a favorite hangout), 2 late(?) YELLOW WARBLERS, 8+ NORTHERN PARULA, 2 BLACK & WHITE WARBLERS (male and female), CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER (1 male), SUMMER TANAGER, SWAINSON'S THRUSH (2), (FOS) EASTERN PHOEBE (2).  I just stuck to the oak branches overhanging the ponds for today's birds - about 30 minutes total birding.  I highly recommend this spot right now.

I forgot to add that we are still seeing a male HOODED WARBLER each late afternoon in our birdbath.

Keep your eyes open!

Rob Lengacher
Tallahassee, FL