Keith MacVicar tells me that Gail Menk did not find the scoter yesterday
(Sunday).  For the scoter, that's either good news (meaning it managed to
fly out), or, come to think of it, perhaps bad news.  We saw a gator in
that pond--not huge, but certainly big enough to have dispatched a duck.

Brad
Brad Bergstrom, Ph.D., Professor           TEL  229-333-5770 /-5759
Department of Biology                      FAX  229-245-6585
Valdosta State University                  e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Valdosta, GA 31698-0015                    Home: 229-333-0743
           Home Page-- http://www.valdosta.edu/~bergstrm/