October 24-31, 2002

In the previous report I wrote...
 > I will continue the monitoring for the remainder of the month, but do not
 >anticipate major flights.

Oops!  Wrong again!  After light departures on the 24th to 28th, and no
departures on the 29th and 30th, last night brought a very large departure
flight.  If not the largest flight of the season, it was certainly in the
top five or so.  Instead of the usual 15 minutes interval, I used a 30
minute interval for last night's radar loop.  This extends the loop to
about 10:30 pm, and shows the birds that departed from the Keys approaching
Cuba.
http://www.badbirdz.com/fall2002index.htm
Later...

Noel Wamer