Actually, there were 12 other species of ducks yesterday at Springhill
Rd.-- 13 total, counting the Surf Scoter (I had miscounted initially).

I will be interested in following this bird's fate, because I'm wondering
how a heavy-bodied diver, which requires a runway for takeoff, will be
able to clear the cables that are strung across the pond about every 6
feet for its entire length.  It may be stuck there.  It appeared uninjured
and healthy, actively diving and preening.

Brad
Brad Bergstrom, Ph.D., Professor           TEL  229-333-5770 /-5759
Department of Biology                      FAX  229-245-6585
Valdosta State University                  e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Valdosta, GA 31698-0015                    Home: 229-333-0743
           Home Page-- http://www.valdosta.edu/~bergstrm/